INTERNAL AUDIT QUALITY (AIM)
Internal audit is a key factor in the management of an organization to be able to provide useful data for the purpose of evaluation and repair / improvement of the effectiveness of the systems owned. Internal audits are also a fundamental technique which results are used as one input for management review activity as required by the standard management system.
Internal Audit Quality (AIM) is a systematic and independent examination to determine whether the implementation of the Internal Quality Assurance System (SPMI) effective and appropriate planning is done by a unit at the University of Brawijaya (UB). AIM in UB carried out to check the conformity between the defined quality standards, the Quality Management System (QMS) Academic, Finance and Administration with implementation by the work unit in UB.
AIM is very useful for
- Help identify any mismatches that have been or are currently going on, and things that later have a tendency to cause problems (mismatch).
- Documented system ensuring compliance with the requirements of the referenced standard.
- Ensure conformity of activities implemented with documented system.
- Ensuring consistent implementation of the system.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the implementation of the system.
- Improve / develop the system.
AIM in UB carried out in two stages, namely:
- System Audit: Audit the adequacy of the organization of quality assurance and quality documents to meet the requirements of standard quality audit system.
- Performance Audit (Compliance): Audit on the implementation of quality assurance systems that have been established / promised: Compliance with quality standards and customer satisfaction.
While at UB AIM method carried out in two ways, namely desk evaluation and visitation to the auditee. Technically, execution refers to the Procedures Manual AIM AIM. In practice, the AIM in UB performed by certified internal auditors UB. For a more complete internal quality assurance mechanisms in UB can be accessed via the home page of Quality Assurance Center UB (PJM UB).